Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hong Kong Disneyland

Hello readers.

Here are some pics from my trip to Hong Kong Disneyland. It was my first time in Hong Kong Disneyland and it was fun but Dennis was right that unless you're a kid, you wont really enjoy it. It wasn't as grand as I expected it to be. The parade of the Disney characters was fun though. Also I really enjoyed The Festival of the Lion King and the Philhar Magic Show.


Parade of the Disney Characters.




Festival of the Lion King. A musical depicting the life of Simba. The woman who played Rafiki could really belt out a tune.






It's a small world. This was a boat ride across the small world with little people singing "Its a small world after all". It was really creepy watching those mannequin things singing but I enjoyed it and there was something magical about it. When we got to Asia, their depiction of Filipinos were mannequins in bahay kubos and mannequin riding carabaos. Whats funny was that the mannequins were singing "Its a small world after all" in Tagalog.








Philhar Magic show. Its a 3D movie featuring the different song numbers from Disney's classic movies. Its hard to explain how the show went but it was amazing.


And this was the finale, the fireworks display at Cinderella's castle. This lasted about 15 minutes. Honestly, the fireworks display was nothing compared to what we had in Baguio during the flower festival and Chinese new year but being in Disneyland, you couldnt help but be amazed by it. The music and everything, they were able to pull off the simple fireworks display.






Overall, though it wasn't life changing and it wasn't an uber special trip, I still enjoyed my first trip to Hong Kong Disneyland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like Hong Kong Disney Land, although I didn't watch the fireworks I enjoyed the day at the park. I actually like Ocean park more. :)