Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day One

Its 11:00pm and my I have work in the morning. Its my first day on the job and I'm nervous. Its not because of the job but where the job is. Yes I basically grew up in Manila but this isn't the manila I once knew. Everything is different and my friends are no longer here. I am basically foreign to this place. I haven't completely come to terms with the fact that I left Baguio but what can I do? I chose this so I have to suck it up. I know I've been on this emo trip about leaving Baguio but bear with me. In time I will adjust, in time I will adapt and in time I will accept the fact that I'm no longer living there.

My life as I know it is about to change. When I was living in Baguio all I wanted to do was leave but now... I guess my mom was right when she said that you take Baguio for granted but once you leave, you realize how beautiful it is and how much you will miss it. Right now I do.

I miss the abundance of strawberries and blueberries. I miss the buttered sweet corn that are as big as pringles cans that you can literally find everywhere. I miss the traffic in magsaysay avenue that everyone hates.  Camp John Hay where you can have picnics and what not. Burnham Park where me, zeke and lyve ride boats in the lake or where I fire dance. Casa Generosa where me and my friends get stinking drunk.

Now I dont have any of those. No cheap strawberries, sweet corn on every corner, the lake, my friends who I love like family. Soon enough I'll learn to live it. But for now, Im still hung up on leaving. Right now Im bummed out. And right now, Adamsplanet has officially moved to Manila.

Goodnight Kids. Ill update you on how the first day at work goes tomorrow.

No comments: