Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Taxis, Tables, and Fried Chicken!


Well today was a good day for me. I woke up before my alarms went off, I got to work early. On the way to work, I decided to take a taxi. When I entered the taxi, the driver greeted me with a "Good morning po". The driver was really polite and it made me feel generous so I didn't ask for my change back.

After that, I was at the office the whole day and I took a few calls today for the first time since I started training for Poker. All of them were good calls, so I had no complaints. One caller didn't believe that I was in the Philippines. He was insisting that I was an American because of my accent. That made my morning.

After work, I hanged out with my friends outside the building and after a few sticks, I went to the mall to buy a table for my laptop, something that I've been planning to buy for a few weeks now. Well I went to Ace Hardware because they're selling this table that's really simple-looking but it's exactly what I need. I also bought a big bag of food for my fishes. Those damn fish are expensive and I don't want them to die.

Since I was already at the mall, I decided to have dinner at Kips. It's the one place I could eat all the time and not get tired of it. I love their fried chicken with spanish rice. After that I had my National Bookstore card renewed and then I decided to go home.

Today is the premiere of the movie Eclipse so the mall was packed, and because of this it was impossible to get a taxi so I took a jeep going home. Today was an exceptionally hot day so I was sweating inside the jeep when suddenly this woman who was sitting in front of me pulled a piece of tissue paper from her bag and gave it to me then she smiled. That made my day.

It's because of people like the taxi driver, the caller, and the woman that makes me believe there's still some good left in the world and it's not as ugly as one would imagine. They make me think and ponder on the fact that life may not be so cruel all the time after all.

No comments: