Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Google Chrome Fix!





Ever since they launched Google Chrome, I've been a loyal user but for a few months now I haven't able to use Google Chrome because it won't load any web pages. I uninstalled Chrome and then re-installed it but it still wasn't working. Since I was having a bad day today, I decided to check Google if there were any solutions to the Chrome problem. 


Thank God for Google because I was able to find a forum that shows a solution on how to fix Chrome. So here are the instructions for fixing Google Chrome if it won't load any web pages/ websites.


1. Close Chrome (if it's open). 
2. Right click on the desk top icon and pick Properties.  
3. In the Target field, after the last quote (") add a space and "--no-sandbox" (without quotes.  So your target field should read axactly like this, quotes and everything.  

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --no-sandbox  
4. Apply the settings and launch Google Chrome.


This actually worked for me. I'm back to using Google Chrome. I like it because it's simpler to use and everything is installed on it. It also has the same homepage as Safari with all your frequently visited websites are displayed and it has themes which makes it really cute.


This fix worked for me, I hope it works for you too.

No comments: