Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wicked Singapore


For those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time or if you know me personally, you would know that I have this disturbing fascination with Wicked The Musical.

I've read the books, I've watched almost every YouTube video, I have the entire soundtrack embedded in my head. Yes, I have a problem. A wicked problem :)

When I heard that the Australian cast of Wicked would be in Singapore on tour the same time that I'll be there, I almost had a heart attack.

I didn't care how much the ticket would be. It could cost a months worth of my salary for all I care. 

When I told my mom that I wanted to watch Wicked, she was all for it but she said that if I was going to watch it, it had to be on the 21st. No problem for me. That would be the day we land in SG.

So I purchased the ticket online and got the e-ticket option. My mom let me use her credit card. Yey.

The show was scheduled at 7:30PM but since I was excited, I was already there by 6:30.

While waiting, I took some pictures.





Here's a list of the cast.


So there I was inside the theater. Doors opened at around 7:15. The moment I stepped inside and saw the stage, my heart sank. It was a dream come true for me. I've been waiting for years and finally there I was.

The lights started to dim, the voiceover came up.

Next thing I knew, everything around me vanished and I was in the land of OZ.


It's like I was on drugs that night. I was on an all time high.

Even though I knew what will happen, I was still excited to see what they'll do. What Glinda will do. How Elphaba will react. Everything.

I was waiting for Suzie Mathers to come out on board the bubble. When she did, my smile was so big it's like I slept with a hanger in my mouth.

When Jemma Rix came out, she was positively green. She was literally glowing.

David Harris looked so sexy with that strawberry blonde hair and costume of his.

I couldn't believe it. I was actually there.

I was mouthing the lyrics to every song.

It was fucking amazing.


And then it came. I knew the first act was about to end. I was finally going to see Defying Gravity live and when I did, I was blow away.

The whole time I was on the edge of my seat.

Jemma Rix was amazing. She was a great Elphaba. Her riff at the end was amazing.


There was a 15 minute intermission.

I dashed out and ran to the smoking area, took 6 puffs then run back to the theater. The smoking area was on a different floor so I had to run like holy hell.

When the second act started, it was amazing. Suzie Mathers was unbelievable. The voice on this woman is...wow...just wow.

When Jemma Rix sang 'No Good Deed', I was watching intently. Her riff on the word "Fiyero" was...uhhm... orgasmic. That's the best word I can think of to describe it.

Before I knew it, the show was over and they were doing the curtain call.

They got a standing ovation from the entire audience.

I was smiling the whole time. It was an amazing moment for me.

I've watched hundreds and hundreds of videos of this show but nothing compares to actually being there and seeing it with my own eyes.

It was sooooo much better live.

The music, the stage, the actors, everything was just as what I thought it would be.

If only I could go back and watch it during it's final show I would.

But I'm happy that I was able to watch it.

Very very happy.

Can't you tell? :)

No comments: