Sunday, January 8, 2012

Holidays in Ilocos Part 2

Christmas family dinner.

We had it in the "ancestral house". Everyone was there except my dad. He chose to go out with my stepmom and my siblings. 

My grandparents weren't happy about that. I understand why ayaw sumama nila Papa. Dumating kasi yung mga kamaganak namin na medyo...uhhmm... outsiders.

I wont be posting pictures of the dinner kasi may mga picture yung mga kamag anak ko na yun dun. They are not worthy. I don't mean to sound mean dear readers, and I know that it's Christmas, forgiveness and all that shit, but I don't want to be associated with them. They're the reason why my fathers family have been fighting for the past 10 years.

It's bad enough I share the same last name with them. I am ashamed to call them my relatives. I don't even want to acknowledge it.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, me, my cousins, together with my Tita Pot and Tito Anthony went around the plaza of Laoag.













Taray nung tree na may lights. Veklang vekla lang haha.

After going around the plaza, we went back to the house kasi wala na dun yung mga outsider.

We broke open the bubbly. Kwentuhan magdamag.


I must say, this has been the best Christmas vacation so far.

I left Laoag on the evening of the 26th kasi may pasok ako ng 27.

It took my about 30 minutes to pack everything into my luggage. Nagshopping kasi ako ng bonggang bongga dun. Everything was on sale. The money I spend on 2 night outs here is what I spent shopping there. Pero pag bibili kasi ako, pakonti konti.

Nung nag iimpake na ako, dun ko nakita kung gaano kadami pala yung nabili ko hihihi.

Hinatid ako nila Papa sa bus terminal.

Nung paalis na yun bus, nakatingin ako sa kanila. Kumakaway sila sa akin.

Hinintay kong umalis yung bus.

Nung makalayo na, at alam kong hindi na nila ako nakikita, I broke down in tears.

My fathers family may have their issues and all that shit, but I do miss my relatives there, the one's I like. Kasi when I'm there, they go out of their way to make me feel welcome. To make me feel at home.

I looked out the window and saw the stars.

I wiped my tears and told myself, I don't need to be sad. I had a great time while I was there. I should think of the fun times I had there, para hindi ako makaramdam ng kalungkutan.


No comments: