Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dinner with former workmates...

For a few days now, we've been planning a small get-together and it finally happened. I met up earlier with my former workmates from Aegis PeopleSupport. A mini LDD Reunion. People present were Gabs, Aileen, Alecs, and Marlene. We all met up at Shangri La Makati and we had dinner at Shang Palace. First thing I said when we entered was, "Ooohhh...fancy". Dinner was on Marlene since she hasn't seen us in ages and she's going back to Indiana next Saturday and this was the only day we're all free. It was fun and I never thought the day would come that we would all get together and with Marlene nonetheless.





Alright so introductions about them. Here we go:

Aileen Abayon
     Aileen was my Trainer when I was still in APS. She loves taking pictures to a disturbing level hahaha. But the thing I love about Aileen is that when talks, she sounds so tame, so motherly, so...innocent but in a good way. She has a great sense of humor and she loves to travel. We have the same taste in almost everything thats why we instantly clicked when I first met her.

Alexander "Alecs" Martinez
     We used to be team mates under Collections but now he's a Supervisor/Trainer. He has this, I-do-things-my-way-get-it? attitude which we all love. He's the type who doesn't take no for an answer. Im really happy and proud for Alecs because he got promoted, though his job is hard and pretty stressful, it ain't gonna stop him for painting the town red and there is no dull moment with him. Seriously, laughter all around.

Gabriel "Gabs" Serrano
     Oh Gabs...how do I start with this guy. He's known as the "chair-kicker". Gabs was my Direct Supervisor back then. You seriously do not want him catching you speaking another language other than english in the production floor. First he kicks your chair and if you dont stop, he kicks you out of the Ops Floor. "My floor...my rules!" is what you'll hear him say. If you dont listen to him, he'll log you off and throw you out of Ops hahaha. At first I never thought I'd get along with Gabs but as it turns out, he's one of the people I became close to in Collections. Your first impression of him would always be wrong because he's a really cool guy. One thing about him though is that he's a work-a-holic. At least he got to unwind tonight.


Marlene "Lola Madonna" Moorman
     Oh this woman. The Goddess of PeopleSupport. Her word is law and no one has yet dared to oppose her. No one has the guts, no wait, no one has the balls to oppose her coz she'd bite your head off if you do. First impression of Marlene is that she's mean and she could knock you till tuesday just because you could literally hear her voice a  mile away but surprisingly, Marlene is the client that I'm really close to. Actually we're all close to her. The agents cower in fear when she enters the Ops Floor, we on the other hand chat over cigarretes while others stare with eyes wide open. She was the reason I was transfered to collections because she said I was aggressive and she loved that about me. She's really awesome and there are no dull OR quiet moments with her. Its good that she'll be back in June, I smell another dinner party ^_^.


LDD Classic

I had loads of fun with them and I haven't seen them since 2008. My God, has it been that long since I left the halls of PeopleSupport. It was a simpler time back then. Its great that we all kept in contact even after we all left coz Gabs is now working in Pampanga and Aileen is working in Taguig. Anyway, Marlene have a safe trip back home and congratulations on your new grandchild.

No comments: