Friday, September 10, 2010

Get well soon...



The other night I went to St. Lukes Medical Center in Taguig to visit a friend of mine. She's been a good friend of mine kahit nung nasa Baguio pa ako kasi we were schoolmates from UB. We also represented our college back in 2009 for the Tanghal Galing/ Arts Festival of UB. Her name is Marvie and she is one uber talented gal. She can sing, honestly this girl can belt it out. She can play different instruments. She can draw. She's pure talent.

She was first admitted to Saint Louis University hospital in Baguio and going against her doctors advise, she came to Manila to be admitted at St. Lukes. Here's what happened. Marvie is a vegetarian and last week she woke up only to find out that she's lost sight on her left eye. She can still see with her right eye but her vision is  really blurred so she has to wear glasses. When I found out about this, I didn't know how to react. Who would diba?!

Lyve and Jet told me that Marvie was coming to Manila to get another doctors opinion. I called her sister Ajang who is also a good friend of mine and I asked what room she was in. It was around 8pm when I spoke to them over the phone. I immediately got dressed and hailed a cab. Buti nalang pumayag si manong driver na dalhin ako sa Taguig from Tandang Sora.

When I got to the hospital, I was surprised to see that even though Marvie had a hard time seeing, she was still as cheerful as ever. She said she had her 'emo' moment for about two days but realized na walang mangyayari kung gagawin nya yun. Thats the spirit Marvie. According to the doctors, since Marvie was a vegetarian, there was a type of nutrient that was missing from her body which caused her sudden blindness. They're finding ways on how to fix it. Now, Marvie has to eat meat whether she likes it or not.

Marvie I know you can make it through this, you are one feisty character and I've always admired you for that. You are always in my prayers and I pray you get well soon. I love you kabsat and I hope you feel better soon. Keep your hopes up.

Thats Marvie. This photo was taken sometime in September 2009.

No comments: