Sunday, May 17, 2009

Realizations and all that shit

As I opened my mail today, I received an e-mail from one of my former work mates. The usual “Hi”, “hello”, “how are you?” was asked. I was given a link to pictures of them. When I opened the link, there were pictures of them but at the back of the roster there were some pictures with me in them. I suddenly missed having a job. Now that I am back in school it makes me realize how much easier my life was when I was working. Having a 9-5 type of job where the payroll was good. Of course sometimes there are those sudden deductions from our salary which we get back immediately thanks to our supervisor.

I didn’t have to worry about deadlines, projects, “school politics”, and the like. I still keep in contact with some of my workmates so Im usually updated on the happenings around the office. I feel bad for the things I’ve missed out. If there’s one thing I will always regret, it’s that I quit my job and went back to school for a degree which is not even remotely related to my line of work.

Some of the good friends I made at work have already stepped up the corporate ladder. Some have become Supervisors, Quality Analysts, Real Time Analysts and just recently a good friend of mine was promoted to Associate Vice President of the company. If I never left, I would’ve probably joined those who have advanced. I always wanted to be a trainor and I would have been great at it. A lot of us from the original batch of 45 have left and those that I’ve kept in touch with have the same sentiment as mine.

Yes we start at the bottom of the corporate ladder but as we work ourselves the way up we reap what we sow and we get that which we deserve. But that’s how life is. There will be disappointments but we have to face them head on.

No comments: