Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wicked 5th Year Special Edition CD


Well, whatta ya know... Wicked has been in production for 5 years now. And to mark its 5th year in the Broadway Industry, they released a 2-disc special edition of the soundtrack. It was released on October 28, 2008 and I was able to get a copy of the songs from the second CD. The first CD had the songs from the repertoire performed by the Original Broadway Cast so I don't need it since I already have a copy of that.
The list of songs on the second CD are as follows:

For Good by Delta Goodrem and Le Ann Rimes

I'm Not That Girl by Kerry Ellis

Making Good by Stephanie J. Block

Solang ich dich hab from Wicked - Die Hexen von Oz (This is the German version of "As long as you're mine")

Gutes tun from Wicked - Die Hexen von Oz (German version of "No Good Deed")

Dancing Through Life from Gekidan Shiki

Popular from Gekidan Shiki

Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel (Remix of the song)
Wicked - Die Hexen von Oz is the German Version of Wicked performed by the Original German Cast. Gekidan Shiki is the Japanese Version of Wicked and was performed by the Original Japanese Cast. By the way if you were wondering, I also have a copy of both soundtracks.

The song "Making Good" was part of the Original Demo for the play but was removed from the repertoire and replaced by "The Wizard and I". I dont know why the let Stephanie J. Block sing it but her version is good though I have heard Idina Menzel's version which is waaaay better. But SJB did give justice to the song so I guess it's all good.

Long Live WICKED. Here's to another 5 years *raises wine glass*.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hi I'd be very interested in getting the German OST, I can't find it anywhere! What's your email address?

kecen said...

I sent an email request. Wicked sure has a following that something like this comes out in just 5 years, eh?

Elizabeth said...

I just sent you an email request! (: