Saturday, June 27, 2009

Natalie Weiss


Lately I've been listening to a lot of Natalie Weiss. I first encountered her in Scott Alan's CD, KEYS where she sang "The Distance You Have Come". I immediately fell in love with her voice. She sounds truly amazing and it seems effortless when she hits those high notes. I looked around YouTube and found dozens of videos of her including one where she sang an unbelievable rendition of Defying Gravity. I asked myself, why hasn't she played in Wicked so I used google and wikipedia to know more about her. That's where I found out that she did play Elphaba for the tour of Wicked. After that, I then asked myself why hasn't she played on broadway.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to only see her on Wicked. I want to see her on Broadway. Well if she doesn't land any roles on broadway soon, I hope she at least records an album. I like her version of "Kiss the Air" and "Alto's Lament".

I'll be posting videos of her soon. They're all in *.flv so I'll have to convert them first so I can publish them here.

1 comment:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

I am in love with Natalie Weiss.