Friday, June 5, 2009

Driving through MY memory lane

So I decided to sort through old pictures on my hard drive when I found pictures of me and two of my good friends from college. We've parted ways and even though we dont see each other in person anymore, I try to chat with them online whenever I get the chance. These are people who have actually changed my life.


Brown

Brown (Mr. Brown as everyone calls him) was my Korean friend back in college. We were classmates since I was in first year but we only became close 2 or 3 years ago when we became seat mates in our Magazine Writing class. He's a really cool guy and he downloaded almost all of the episodes of Will and Grace, something that I will always be grateful for. He's been a really good friend to me, he's been there through the ups and downs and all tha and he is very generous to his friends. He also has a great sense of humor which I think he gets from watching MadTV all the time. He has the sense of humor of an American and thats whats sogreat about him. One thing I will always remember about Brown is how much he loved eating rice cakes which is a delicacy here in the Philippines. He's back in Korea now, last time I spoke to him was in March ( I think). He doesnt go online that often anymore.


Jacky

Finally a face to the name. This is my bestfriend. The eternal romantic. Jacky. We've been best friends for 5 years and in that 5 years we have been through so much that you wouldn't believe it. But despite all that, our bond has remained as strong as ever. She is the one person who I know that can judge me because no one knows me as well as she does. Our relationship has no boundaries. I mean that in every possible way. When it comes to love, I admire her because no matter how many heart aches she has been through, she still believes in happy ever afters, thus becoming the eternal romantic. I may not thank her all the time for always being there for me but I know that I dont have to tell her that because she already knows how grateful I am. She tries to understand me even if I can be irrational at times, I may not remember every good thing she did for me in the past but there is one thing she did for me which I will never forget. Thats when I transfered to another university and she transfered to because of this deal that we had. It was a huge sacrifice on her part but she still did it. Isn't she great or what?!

Jacky, Brown, and I were good friends. Brown also transfered schools with us. Brown and I had a nickname for Jacky. He called her "White Bitch" and I called her "the white bitch of the north". Jacky in return called me an ass and a jerk. But despite the daily name calling, arguments and all, we were the best of friends through the good times and the bad.

No comments: