Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bacolod Trip 6: Going Back Home

So this is the last part of my Bacolod trip story.

First of all, Im really sorry for the late post. I'm swamped with work, wala na akong time mag-blog tulad ng dati.

Mag facebook at mag tweet nalang ang pwede hehe.

Syempre naman, I wouldn't want to post a half-baked blogpost.

Ika nga nila, patience is a virtue.

Si here we go.

***********

Nagising ako, tanghali na.

Keri lang kasi wala na akong planong gumala dahil flight ko na pabalik ng Manila in a few hours.

Inumpisahan kong mag-impake ng bag.

Mga damit ko nakakalat sa sahig, sa upuan, sa lamesa, sa banyo.

I'm a slob. I know.

Pagdating ng 12nn, nag check out na ako sa hotel.

Sosyal, 3D/2N at 2k lang binayaran ko.

I wish they made more hotels this nice yet this affordable.

Matapos ang mga seremonyas ng pag che-check-out, pumara ako ng taxi at dumeretso na ako sa SM Bacolod.

I was going to meet up with RJ and the van going to the airport was also at SM.

After an hour, dumating itong si RJ at naglibot kami saglit bago niya ako inihatid sa sakayan ng van.

Pagdating ko sa airport, wala ako sa mood tumayo or maglibot and my flight was leaving in 2 hours.

Dumeretso ako sa check-in counter.

I gave them my ticket and the other documents they needed.

Biglang...

"Sir, kelan po ang return flight niyo?", tanong ni ate na nasa check-in counter.

"July 26. Today.", sagot ko.

"Sir hindi po yun ang nasa ticket niyo"

Medyo kinabahan ako.

"Ha? Paanong mangyayari yun eh ako ang nagbook niyan. July 26 ang return flight ko. Kaya nga ako nandito eh."

"Sir August 26 po ang nasa ticket niyo"

She showed me my ticket.

Nanlaki ang mata ko.

But I was in denial.

"Miss pa check naman baka error lang yan", I stupidly answered.

They checked their system. They checked it twice.

August 26 din ang nasa system nila na return flight ko.

"Oh shit! Oh holy mary mother of fuck!", I said to myself.

I was screwed.

Pinawisan ako ng sobrang lamig.

"Sir kung gusto niyo pong mag-rebook nandun po yung ticketing office namin", she suddenly said seeing as how I was starting to panic.

Kinuha ko ang documents koat tumakbo ako sa ZestAir ticketing office.

The flight back to manila was in less than 2 hours.

I entered the ticketing office and told the man what had happened to me.

"Eh Sir ganun talaga. Iba yung date sa return flight niyo eh", biglang sabi ng ticketing officer.

Ayyyyy... Oh no he didn't.

"Magkano ba kung kukuha ako ng bagong ticket?", I asked sarcastically.

He took out a calculator and started computing.

After a few minutes, he got a piece of paper and wrote something.

"Eto yung babayaran mo", he said and shoved the piece of paper in front of me.

I was a stone's throw away from having a nervous breakdown and this douchebag suddenly shoves a piece of paper in front of me?!

Pinilit kong kumalma dahil baka madala ako sa moment at magdilim ang paningin ko.

"Pwede bang card ang ipambayad?", I asked.

"Hindi pwede. Wala kaming pangswipe ng card. Cash lang", sagot ng puta.

"No I mean, if I can have this booked online, can I pay that amount lang?", I clarified.

"Hindi po pwede kasi amount yan ng rebooking at kung kukuha kayo online, 24 hours ang confimation time", he said coldly.

I swear to all my Gods, muntik ko talagang sinuntok yung Ticketing Officer ng Zest Air.

I've had enough of it.

I was stuck in Bacolod, I didn't have enough money to buy a new ticket and to top it all of, the douchebag in the ticketing office was being a complete asshole.

I-train nga yan for empathy and how to be deliver good customer service.

I-train siya ng 2 years.

So there I was at the Bacolod airport. Stranded.

I had an idea. I didn't know if it would work but I was desperate and willing to try anything.

I was going to do what I do when I get stuck in sticky situations.

I took out my phone.

I dialed.

*ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Hello Ma?", I said.

Yes dear readers. I called my mother.

I told her what happened.

Hindi ko alam kung naaawa siya or natatawa sa akin.

She told me to go to PAL and ask how much a ticket back to Manila was and just text her the amount.

I entered the ticketing office of PAL.

The officer greeted me with such a warm smile.

I told him what happened.

"Alright, there's a flight back to Manila at 6PM. The ticket costs 5000 pesos..."

"Oh shit", I whispered to myself.

"... Hold on. Alright, there's a ticket for the same flight and it costs 1350 pesos."

"Oh thank God. I need to go get money first. Can you please hold the ticket for me?", I asked.

"I can hold it but only until 4:30pm"

That was in an hour and 30 minutes.

"Okay, I'll be back with the payment"

I called up my mom and told her the amount.

She went to Western Union and wired me the money.

Before I knew it, I was back at the airport with the money.

I paid my ticket.



I was finally on my way back home.

No comments: