Monday, September 10, 2012

Impressions


"So what do you think of him?" I asked.

"I like him. Madaldal siya. Mas madaldal pa siya sayo actually." sagot ng Tita ko.

"Haha oo nga eh. Who'd have thought I'd find someone who can out-talk me?"

I was talking to my Tita while Gregory was taking photos around the city.

My cousin, Jae, said the same thing. She liked him kasi masaya daw siyang kasama.

I've told Gregory about my dad's family. He knows the petty drama that circulates around the family and the relatives I actually like.

Of course I had to brief him before meeting them. I told him mukhang magkakasundo sila ni Papa and it looks like I was right about that.

My dad, always being the father he is, said all he wants is for me to be happy. He liked that Gregory was playing with my siblings.

Habang andun kami sa Ilocos, sinabi sa akin ni Gregory that he was surprised by how accepting my family was. To be honest, it also baffles me.

He said it felt weird because they were treating us like a couple. Like a regular couple. It's something Gregory isn't used to. He said it felt weird, but weird in a good way.

I still can't believe that I've already introduced him to my dad's side. It actually feels... right...