Monday, April 4, 2011

Down The Aisle


Last Saturday, I attended the wedding of April who was one of our team mates. Of course kasama ko ang aking partner in crime na si SexyAnne. Kasama din namin ang isa pa naming officemate na si Benjie. Kaming tatlo ang representatives ng Poker Department.

 Ayan kaming tatlo. Mga kagalang galang. Si Benjie ang panalo. Parang tatakbo lang sa congreso.

Eto naman si SexyAnne, pout kung pout. With matching contact lenses pero hindi halata dahil sa lighting. 

Hindi na kami nakahabol ni SexyAnne sa mismong kasal dahil 3pm yung wedding eh hanggang 4pm shift namin. Si Benjie lang ang naka-attend nung mismong wedding. So ayun, sa reception kami dumeretso.

The entire thing was beautiful and we could see how happy April was. She was glowing. As in tatalunin niya sa liwanag ang mahiwagang globe dun sa MOA.


The most moving part of the whole thing was during the father-daughter dance. April and her father went center stage and danced to "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross. Nung nakita namin na umiiyak si April, naluha kaming dalawa ni SexyAnne.

I love weddings because you get to witness something that happens only once in someone's life. I remember back in Baguio when I used to organize and host events because most of them were weddings. I know how much time, money and effort is put into a wedding.

Happy as I may be, I feel sad everytime I attend weddings because it reminds me of some of the things I don't know if I can have. Hindi naman kasi legal dito sa Pilipinas eh. Buti nalang there are churches here that perform same sex unions. Pwede na siguro yun.
Anyway, April thank you for inviting us to the most special day of your life. I was actually surprised na invited ako kasi I haven't known April that long pero isa kasi ako sa mga tumutulong sa kanya sa department namin. I hope for the best for April and may she have the happily ever after that we all secretly dream of. 

May their marriage be one for the books. The type of love upon which Disney movies are built.

No comments: