Friday, December 31, 2010

Out of Narnia...Again... Part Une

Before reading this, I suggest reading And Then I Came Out Of Narnia.

This is actually the continuation of my previous blog post. The link above tells the story of how I came out to my Mom. This post naman is how I came out to my Dad. For most of us, it is easier to come out to our Mothers because they tend to be more understanding and being the women that they are, they can already sense if their son is gay. Like most of us, I had my hesitations and fears when it came to coming out to my dad. Mamaya pag sinabi ko sa kanya yung totoo baka ilabas niya mga baril niya at paulanan ako ng bala eh.

So without further ado, here we go. By the way, nobela din ito ha so bear with me nalang po.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I arrived in Laoag at 11AM. My Dad arrived after 20 minutes. Apparently he went somewhere because he thought I was still on the road. When he got home, he prepared lunch for all of us.

"I've seen your Facebook posts. So who's your girlfriend?", he asked while we were having lunch.

"Oh that? Haha! Its nothing, Im just playing around Facebook", I answered nervously.

The day ended pretty fast since I fell asleep after eating lunch. That evening, I was going out with my cousin and tita so I had to wake up a few hours early to prepare. I got up at around 5PM and when I went out of my room, I saw my dad in the terrace chatting with my stepmom.

I waited until my stepmom left then I went up to my dad. I lit a cigarette and asked him how he was doing.

"So whats new with you? How's work?", he asked.

"Im ok. Work is great, can't complain much about it since I'm having fun at work."

"So what else is new?"

I took a deep breath and released it with a sigh.

I took my cigarette and puffed.

I looked at my dad in the eyes.

"I have something to tell you.", I said

"Yeah? What is it anak ko?"

I hugged my dad tight.

"Pa I want you to know that I love you so much and I've forgiven you for everything that happened in the past"

"Yes anak. Whats wrong? Tell me. Did you get someone pregnant? Are you getting married? Did you kill someone?"

"Remember earlier, you asked me who my girlfriend was and I said that I didnt have any?"

"Yes why?"

"I said that because I don't have a girlfriend, I have a boyfriend."

My looked at me and fell silent and he stood up.

"Oh shit", I whispered to myself.

My dad suddenly hugged me really tight and he started to cry.

"I cannot give you the things that can make you happy, so if this is what makes you happy, then Im happy for you. You are my son and that is what's important."

I tried my best to hold back my tears.

"Anak, I'm getting old, all I want is to know that you and your brothers and sisters are okay. If you are happy, then I'm happy. But, always remember that I will not be here forever so you have to take care of yourself."

"I will Pa.", I answered.

My stepmom suddenly came up to us looking worried and asked us what was going on.

I told her everything. She was happy that I told my dad the truth. She was cool with it as well since among all of the women my dad has been with, my stepmom is the one I liked the most because she's the only one who was genuinely nice to me.

They asked me about Parker. Who he was. Where he was from. What he did for a living. Funny thing is that my grandparents met in the exact city where Parker's from. I never knew that until my dad told me.

He asked me if my mom already knew, I said yes. She's known for a few months now.

After talking to my dad, my cousin fetched me. Little did she know, she and my tita were in for a surprise.

(Itutuloy...)

No comments: