Monday, December 16, 2013

I Dreamed A Dream at Bed

During the first week of December, we held a World AIDS Day concert at Bed Bar in Greenfield, Ortigas. Together with the concert, it was also our Christmas Party at LoveYourself, the group I volunteer in.

We sang songs as a group and there were solo performances. Of course, hindi ako nagpakabog. I had to sing a solo. To give you an idea why I sang this song, we had themes. Basically it were the different experiences that gay men go through. This involves falling in love, first heartbreak, family, being part of the community, etc.

I chose to sing a solo for 'first heartbreak' and the song I picked was I Dreamed A Dream from the hit musical, Les Miserables. What other song is there to sing for a theater nut like me, right?

Apologies for the quality of the video, I had to lower the resolution on my phone because I was running out of space.



O, wag masyadong okrayin ang performance ko ah. At that moment, all I could think of was, try to out-Fantine Anne Hathaway. Char!

No comments: