Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gospel Choir Outing in Pangasinan

As most of my friends and readers know, I am part of the choir in our local church. As an annual thing, the choir has thing outing/team building thing. This year, it was in Dasol, Pangasinan.

I can't remember the name of the resort but it was nice. It's not really a fancy high class resort but it was good enough. In fairness, ganda nung beach. White sand and the water was crystal clear.




The point of the outing is for the team to get together for two days, make new friends, get to know the new members and discuss the issues of the choir.

We had several activities. Being the person I am, I actually enjoyed the activities even if most of them involved religion and catholic church stuff.




After the activities, there was this open forum thing. I think they call it "Formation". I have no idea. The old members discussed the issues within the choir. I swear to God, this choir has A LOT of issues.

I cannot, for the life of me, believe how some of them manage to call each other friends and be chummy with one another when they actually harbor feelings of resentment towards others.

I think medyo naayos naman ata nila mga issues nila. I don't know and don't care. Issues nila yan and those are issues before I even joined the choir so basta hindi ako idamay, I could care less.


After the Formation thing, we all went by the beach and lit up some paper lanterns. Apparently you're supposed to say a prayer before letting the lantern fly. So I prayed. Yes dear readers, nagdasal ako!



After the lantern thing, since it was around 2 in the morning, the others went in to shower and go to bed. I stayed by the beach with my friends and of course, since I was by the beach, I firedanced!



It took us about 8 hours to get there because we had to stop by Alaminos to buy food in the market. I must say, I enjoyed the outing. 

I realized who to trust within the choir and who to consider as friends. 

Funny story though, the owner of the resort is apparently a friend of my dad's family. All I did was ask how to switch on the light in the kitchen and next thing you know, the owner was asking me where I was from and how come I spoke Ilokano fluently. I told her where my mom and dad was from. 

When I told her my last name thats when she realized who I was. Apparently, we already met when I was about 4 or 5 years old. She's really good friends with my grandma and grandpa.

Such a small small world.

I enjoyed the outing. Became closer to God and all that shit.

Can you believe it dear readers?

2 comments:

sin at work said...

you know, that open forum thing can reeeally be surprising. dun lumalabas ang mga issues na nage-exist pala. hahaha :)
and you studied fire-dancing?

Adam said...

Yeah I did a few years ago. In fairness ang hirap ah.