Sunday, December 11, 2011

Follow The Model by Miss Jay Alexander

I don't know why but for some reason, I'm really into reading memoirs these days. Sabi ni Mama tumatanda na daw ako kaya naeenjoy ko ang mga memoir. Jusme.

The first one I read was Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin.


That's some funny shit. I'm a huge Kathy Griffin fan so I really enjoyed the book.

Now, the latest book I've read is Follow The Model by Miss Jay Alexander. For those of you who watch America's Next Top Model, you would know who Miss Jay is. Fashion-runway-diva-coach-extraordinaire.


I don't watch the show, even I'm not that gay, but I know who Miss Jay is for his reputation precedes him. A few months ago, I was watching a YouTube clip of The Tyra Banks Show and in that specific episode, her guest was Miss Jay and he was plugging his book. For some reason I got curious of what the book contained.

So last week while walking around SM North Edsa, I saw the book on display at National Bookstore and I immediately bought it.

Took me about 6 hours to finish the book.

I must say, it's a real page turner. I enjoyed every chapter of it. I could barely put the book down.

For a memoir, it appeared to me as a half-memoir and half-self help book. His stories of how he became one of the worlds most notable runway coaches is amazing.

From the Bronx, to walking up and down Madison Avenue, to Studio 54, up to Japan and eventually Paris. Awe-inspiring.

He teaches you the value of your hard-earned money and how you should never let anyone put you down.

It's funny, witty, outrageous and downright inspiring. Follow The Model by Miss Jay Alexander is one book not meant for the coffee table. It's the right pick-me-up you need when you're feeling down.

No comments: