Wednesday, November 25, 2009

200th Post

My Dear blog readers, this is my 200th post. My blog has been open for 1 year and 1 month. I had a hard time deducing what I should blog about and then I remembered that I like posting about gadgets so I'll post something about my phone. The last time I posted something about this phone, it was about me thanking Lyve for the phone. Now, I'll blog why I love the damn phone. It'll be like a phone review ei?

This is the Nokia N78, which was released 3rd or 4th quarter of 2008. It has WiFi, GPS (which I dont use but still...), 3.2 Megapixels with a Tessar Lens with LED Flash, dedicated shortcut key, N-Gage 2.0 Gaming System compatible, Document Viewer such as AdobePDF and Quick Office. The phone runs on Symbiam Series 60 OS 3rd Edition so you can only install .sisx applications on it.

At first it's hard to text using the phone because the keypad is designed with thin straight lines but in time, you get used to it. The sound from the speakers are nicely distributed because there is one on the lower left side and one on the upper right side. The camera button is big so taking pictures is easy. The secondary camera which is used for video calling could also be used to take picture for self shots. The Navi Wheel is a nicely added touch to the phone, so you can scroll without pressing the D-pad, just slide your fingers around it. Reminds me of the scroll wheel from the Samsung U700.

The graphical user interface has improved compared to the first N Series phones. I like that the themes have effects, and its a different effect per theme. The theme effects, resemble that of the Iphone.

Listening to Music is easy because of 1.) the simple yet stylish interface of the music player which also comes with visualizations and 2.) the 3.5 mm audio jack which allows you to use any kind of regular headphones/ headsets/ speakers.

The WiFi connects really fast and you can set it for auto detect and auto connect. Once connected, it instantly opens the browser and browsing is a breeze.

A few minutes ago I updated my phones firmware to the latest firmware which was released in May this year. Now my phone became faster, it boots faster, and it comes with new themes, and it doesnt slow down even with the theme effects on. Now I really love the damn phone.


So far thats it. Well Im glad that i was able to reach 200 posts.

For the tech specs on this phone click here.
*UPDATE November 26, 2009*
I just came from a 10 hour trip and I played music on the phone the whole time seeing as I wouldve scratched my eyes out due to boredom if I didnt have anything to listen to or anything to do. I just checked my phone, and only one bar was consumed. Its still 90% charged. So that means, listening to music for 10 hours only consumes 10% of the battery's life??? I love this phone. Im'a say it over and over again! I love this phone.

No comments: