Friday, April 13, 2012

Under The Moon and Stars


"Hello!" he said when he answered my call.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Secret. Take a guess."

I heard a familiar sound in the background.

"Wait... are you inside the church?"

"Yup" he answered laughing.

"Come out. Im outside the church."

A few seconds later I saw him emerge. He was there. He was actually there.

He was actually at church watching me perform in the Senakulo.

"Were you able to watch me?" I asked.

"Of course." he answered with a smile.

We walked to the store that was just outside the church. I bought something to drink.

We talked for a while until I had to go inside because of the curtain call.

"What time are you going home?" I asked.

"Depends. What time do you want me to go home?" he said.

Nanghina ako. Kamusta naman ang sinagot niya diba?

* * * *

"Come on I'll walk you to your car." I said.

The play was over. It was kinda late and I didn't want him to be driving that late at night.

After a few minutes, we were finally in his car.

"You're sweating. I'll switch the aircon on." he said.

We entered his car.

It was a really starry night for some reason and the moon was out and bright.

There we were in his car and we had a perfect view of the sky.

He played this romantic song.

He took my hand in his.

We started talking.

"Alright I'm gonna say something but I want you to know I'm vulnerable and letting my walls down." he suddenly said.

I nodded.

"I've never been in something like this before. I've never dated anyone for this long and yet I still feel happy with you. As time goes by, I'm liking you more. What I'm saying is, I want you to know that when I said I wanted us to date exclusively, I meant it. I haven't entertained anyone ever since we started dating. I want you to know that I will never cheat on you because it's not in my nature. I am very loyal."

I was listening intently to him. I didn't know what to say to this guy who was pouring his heart in front of me. All I knew was that I was happy. Very happy.

There he was, being as transparent as he can be. 

"Look, I can't promise to be on my best behavior all the time and you know that I come with excess baggage. Although I will tell you this, I will make you happy. I will never give you a reason to doubt my feelings for you." I told him.

He smiled the sweetest smile I've ever seen. He looked like a kid. I know that look, that's the look on his face when he's really happy about something.

I kissed him.

We stayed in his car for a few minutes until it was time for me to go.

He brought me back to church because I had to help out with the cleaning.

Before getting out of his car, he asked me something.

"So I guess this means we're seriously dating?"

"Yeah." I replied with a smile.

No comments: