Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Little Mermaid by Atlantis Productions Inc.

The Little Mermaid by Disney was adapted into a musical production back in 2008. It had it's pre-broadway run in Denver and officially opened on Broadway on January 10, 2008. The original broadway production closed on August 30, 2009.

Philippine-based Atlantis Productions Inc has secured the rights to stage the musical here in country and it'll run from November 18 - December 11, 2011 at the Meralco Theater in Ortigas.

Image taken from the Atlantis Production website.
For the Philippine production, Rachelle Ann Go and Erik Santos will play Ariel and Prince Eric. I'm not that thrilled about the cast. I've heard Rachelle Ann's cover of one of the most iconic songs from the Little Mermaid and honestly, I'm not that impressed. I mean, it does sound good but I can't help but compare it to the original. But who knows, maybe she'll do things much better live.

Since it was my Mariah's birthday a few weeks ago and I knew that she really wanted to watch this show, I purchased tickets from Ticketworld for their November 20 show as a birthday gift to her.

It came in this cardboard envelope thing.



She seemed really happy when I told her that we're gonna watch the show.

I've never watched any shows by Atlantic Productions but I heard from some friends that their productions are really good. So here's hoping that they do justice to the play.

Full review of the show once we're done watching it.

If you're interested in watching The Little Mermaid by Atlantis Productions, click HERE.

So if any of you, my dear readers, are watching the show on November 20, see you all at the Meralco Theater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this much! thank you ng superbongga! I love you baks =)