Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Something from Will and Grace

I was watching Will and Grace earlier when I heard this. Will and Grace by the way was a show by NBC about a Gay lawyer named Will and his bestfriend for almost 15 years named Grace. Together with Will's gay dancer, singer, actor, choreographer, bestfriend named Jack and Grace's millionaire pill-popping, booze-chugging secretary Karen, they get into their ridiculous shenanigans all the time.

It was the episode when Joe and Larry got married. Will and Grace were fighting because will was getting tired of paying for everything and doing everything while Grace got all the credit for it. Meanwhile, Jack was addicted to coffee because of this guy he was dating who worked at coffee shop and gave him free coffee all the time. Then this guy lost his job so Jack's coffee fix came to an end. In order to help him, Karen made sure that Jack remained coffee free. While at the wedding, Karen was trying to order vodka or something when the waiter told her that it was dry wedding at the grooms' request but it was an open coffee bar. So now things shifted between Karen and Jack. I dont remember what they did afterwards. Back to Will and Grace, they were asked to do a reading during the wedding and here is what they had to say:

W: When im feeling like theres no love coming to me
G: And i have no love to give
W: When im feeling separated from the world
G: And cut off from myself
W: When im feeling annoyed by every little thing
G: Because im not getting what i want
W: Ill remember that theres an infinite amount of love available to me
G: And ill see it in you
W: Ill remember that im complete within myself
G: So ill never have to look to you to complete me
W&G: and most of all ill remember that everything i really need i already have
and whatever i dont have will come to me when im ready to receive it

When I heard them read this, I knew that I had to get a copy of it. The words really spoke to me. By the way, Will and Grace is one of my favorite TV shows together with F.R.I.E.N.D.S, The Nanny, Supernatural, American Dad, Futurama, Charmed, The X-Files, and Buffy. I know most of them are reruns already, but lets face it, TV shows today took their inspirations from these original shows. Happy watching to me.

Cheers.

No comments: