Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day


Valentines day comes but once a year, they say.

Its the time of the year when love is in the air. Roses, chocolates, stuffed toys everywhere and I find it weird that people celebrate love only once a year.

Gregory and I didn't have a big celebration or anything. For one, every restaurant we went to was either fully booked or jam packed. We ended up eating in a place called Crazy Katsu which is located in Maginhawa Street.

For me, all that matters was that I was with him. It was just like any other date night we had.

I didn't really need chocolates or gifts or anything to remind me that it was a special day. I don't see things that way. Every time I'm with him, it's special.

While driving around Maginhawa looking for a place to eat, I saw couples everywhere and most of them were carrying flowers, bears, chocolates, or all of the above.

In my mind I'm thinking, 'Really? It's only today that you make your partner feel special or loved?'.

A friend of mine once asked me, 'Since you and Gregory have been dating for almost a year, do you still feel happy and in love everyday?'

My answer was simple but honest.

'Not all-day-everyday. But yeah, everyday.'

Very Charlotte from Sex and the City.

But that's what I feel. Gregory and I have our little arguments and spats but it's nothing we can't sit down and talk about.

I don't need one day of the year to remind him that I love him.

I have 365 days to do that.

I don't have to wait every 14th of February to tell or show him how much he means to me.

I can do that everyday.

Others wait for a year to celebrate their love.

Others wait for a year to surprise or give gifts to their significant other.

I don't.

Because having Gregory in my life, everyday becomes Valentines day :)

No comments: