Monday, October 29, 2012

The Effects of Change


When I started with the company back in 2010, our office was in Makati. It was a bitch going to work at first because of the unbelievable traffic but eventually I got the hang of it.

Two months later, we moved to the QC office. It was heaven for me because it's only 2 jeepney rides away from my house.

Fast forward to 2012.

A month ago, our team had this big meeting. We had no idea why.

Our bosses broke the news to us, our department will be moving to a different office.

To Makati. To a new building. A better building. A beautiful office.

It was a bomb they dropped on us. At first, most of us were reluctant about the idea. It's the typical human mindset about 'change'.

The days passed by, slowly we started to embrace the idea of moving to a different office. Of course we had our issues with it such as Makati is too far because majority of us are from QC. Will we get paid extra? Do we get any form of compensation? Do we have to transfer our contracts? And so much more.

But as time passed, everything just died down. We were counting the days till our move.

Although I personally, was torn.

As most of you guys know, I started with the call center until I moved to our Media Team which in itself is a different company but still under the same corporate umbrella. With that being said, I knew a lot of people in the call center. Most of them are actually my friends.

Compared to my companions, I have an attachment to the people from the call center. But I knew that it was something I had to deal with. Moving, that is.

So as happy as I was about the move, a part of me was sad because I would miss the people I see everyday.

October 25 was our last day in the QC office.

Some people said they will miss me. Some were sad that I was moving.

I was touched by this.

We were given a month to process everything and prepare for the move. I used that month well.

Not everyone is open to change, that's just how the human mind works.

But I try to look at the brighter side of things. For one, I'd be able to work in peace.

I can complain all I want. I can bitch about it. But at the end of the day my job puts food on my table. My job pays for my ridiculous bills.

At the end of the day, I am happy with my job. When I signed my contract, I made a commitment to do my job to the best of my abilities and that's why I've lasted this long.

I always believe that things happen for a reason.

There's a reason for all of this and when the time is right, I will figure out what it is.

Change is good.

Change helps us grow and become better at what we do.

Can I get an amen? :)



No comments: