Thursday, July 5, 2012

RUB Ribs & BBQ

For several weeks, Gregory has been talking about a place called RUB which is located in Tomas Morato. He said that they serve ribs there and he knows that I like ribs. My favorite are from ClawDaddy's. 

We decided to have dinner there during our last 'date night'. 

I've never heard or seen RUB so I didn't know what to expect. When we got there, I was surprised because I though the place would be huge and packed with people. I was wrong about one thing. The place was small BUT it was chalk-full of people having dinner.


We were given a number and we waited outside. Now, I am one who doesn't wait in line for anything (I'm maarte that way) but I was intrigued about this place. So while waiting, Gregory played some games on my phone while I smoked.


In fairness, the price of their food is affordable. It's cheap especially if you're with someone.



I must say, I love the service at RUB. The waiters are very courteous and they moved really fast. Very good. Two thumbs waaay up. I will always go for a place where the service is impeccable because what's the point of spending good money on food if the service crew people are rude and slow. Catch my drift?

We placed our orders and in less than 10 minutes, the food arrived. We had potato-corn chowder which was actually really good. It was creamy but not too heavy and the potatoes they used were the good kind.


We ordered the Family Brunch which comes with two slabs of ribs and 3 side dishes of your choice. My personal suggestion, go for the Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes. They taste great. The other side dishes we got were so-so although I did like the Bacon and Potato Salad.

The ribs were really good. They're not the best ribs I've had (I still prefer ClawDaddy's) but they're good. I just wished they were grilled longer because I like my ribs to cut like butter.


There are these portraits around the joint which I like. I like resto's like this. They just have something so relaxing about them.



And this is the aftermath. That was a big meal and we were both full.


My verdict? 4.5 stars.

Why the .5? Like I said, I want my ribs to cut like butter. But I love this place. For less than 1k, we were both full.

RUB Ribs & BBQ is located in Tomas Morato Avenue. It's beside Serenitea in the alley across the street from Papa Johns.

No comments: